The Recycled Wedding Boutique is happening on Saturday, November 10, 2018, at John S. Knight Center in Akron and we can't wait! Oak & Honey Events created the Recycled Wedding Boutique, a flea market of sorts, in 2014 for Northeast Ohio couples. Soon-to-be newlyweds can shop new, slightly used, and vintage items to create the wedding of their dreams from recently married couples who are looking to offload their wedding items. Melanie of Oak & Honey Events now hosts alongside her “Wedding Bestie”, Amanda of Baci Designer to create a recycled event above any else in the area.
Today, we are sharing some tips with you about the best ways to sell your wedding decor, dresses, and more at the event!
- Pricing Items - Everyone comes to the RWB looking for a good bargain. We encourage sellers to price their items at yard sale prices, which is roughly 20% of the retail price. Make sure to clearly price all items individually with stickers and labels so transactions go smoothly.
- Bring Help - If you can, bring a helper with you since there is a rush of shoppers at the beginning of the event. One person can handle sales and the other person can wrap up and bag items. This HIGHLY recommended, given the crowds at the Recycled Wedding Boutique.
- Bring Wrapping and Bags - It is helpful if you supply your own plastic bags, boxes, newspaper or other wrapping material for the items you are selling.
- Bring Change - Many people go to the ATM right before and will be paying in 20s. If you have 10s, 5s and lots of 1s, you will be prepared.
- Credit Card Payments - If you're selling more expensive items, you might want to consider taking credit card payments.
Questions? Contact the RWB Team at email@example.com.